About this policy
The Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (“the Act”) governs the ways in which private sector organisations use, collect and disclose personal information.
Gemcell will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. However, Gemcell usually collects personal information for the purpose of conducting games, draws and competitions in its magazine, “Electrical Gems”.
As required by NPP 1, Gemcell discloses the following:
- The identity of the company is Gemcell Pty Ltd and it can be contacted at Suite 2.12 / 29-31 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista, NSW, 2153. Telephone (02) 8814 1174. Website: www.gemcell.com.au
- The personal information is collected for the purpose of Gemcell’s operations and to conduct games, draws and competitions in its magazine “Electrical Gems”.
- The individual is entitled to access the personal information collected and to seek correction of such personal information in accordance with NPP 6.
- The personal information will not be disclosed to any third party except with the individual’s consent or as required by law, eg. to law enforcement agencies, or to service providers retained in the course of Gemcell’s operations eg. the Printer of “Electrical Gems” magazine.
- The consequences if the personal information is not disclosed is that the individual or any associated member of the Gemcell Electrical Wholesaling Group will not be eligible to participate in any game, draw or competition conducted by Gemcell.
If you have any queries or concerns about Gemcell’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information, contact Gemcell’s Privacy Officer on telephone (02) 8814 1174.